From somebody's trash to my treasure. I like to re-style & re-create what was once a cast off. Isn't that what Jesus does with us?


Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Words to live by

Hello Everyone!
I was so inspired recently when I stopped by Lemonade Makin' Mama's site. (www.lemonademakinmama.blogspot.com) Her ideas and pictures are so fabulous, you just have to see it for yourself. Anyway, I fell in love with a sign she made in her kitchen. It's from 1 Corinthians 12 and is the great love chapter in the Bible.

I just love the b/w graphic appeal that it has! Don't you? It got me thinking of a window a friend gave me. It's wonderfully curved and chippy and old. I have it hanging in my hallway. The only little issue with it is it has a small crack in the lower left corner. When I saw Sasha's beautiful sign it gave me the idea to come up with my own rendition to cover the crack in the window.
What do you think? I am in love with it! (Please don't mind the scribbling on the wall. My five year old wanted to display her own creativity! AHEM!)I think it looks so cool with this type of window. It kinda reminds me of a stained glass window for some reason. I just love passing by it and reading the verse. It's my husband's favorite chapter in Psalms; Psalm 91. I wanted him to know I was thinking of him.
I think he kinda likes it too! (smile) Of course the rest of the verse (just in case you don't have a Bible at hand) goes like this "....will rest in the shadow of the almighty." If you are anything like me, you just had to know that or it would have left you hanging! So, there you have it! Your verse for the day, in a clever way : )
Blessings!

4 comments:

  1. Tammy,
    i *LOVE* it! Word art is great but *The Word* art-even better! I have a place in mind at my house for some...just need to get to it! And I absolutely love it over at lemondade making mama's...her heart is so contagious!
    have a great weekend!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this on her sight and thought that it was great also.I really love what you came up with. It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks great! I LOVE that verse also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the chippy old window and the verse. I like to have things around the house to remind me of GOd's love. It's beautiful!

    Thanks for the sweet words on our bedroom. It's still a work in progress but it's nice to blog and get help from all you talented bloggerettes :)

    Enjoyed visititn your blog! I'll be back!

    Have a great weekend!
    ~Michelle
    xo

    ReplyDelete