From somebody's trash to my treasure. I like to re-style & re-create what was once a cast off. Isn't that what Jesus does with us?


Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A PINK GIFT

Ladies, I don't know about you, but I got something this Christmas that I was a little giddy about. It was a gift from my husband that was totally unexpected. Totally thoughtful. And totally meaningful.

I have to be honest and say I am not very good with household projects. I can paint. I like to paint. I like to do crafts and make things. But I'm never precise. I don't measure things with a ruler. I just eyeball it. If it looks good, centered, even; then it's good enough for me.

That scares some of you, I know. It REALLY SCARES MY HUSBAND. That's why this gift was so meaningful and surprising.

He is really the most humble person I know. That's one of the traits that drew me to him when I met him. I think that has a lot to do with why he gave me this gift. He isn't too proud to let others know that I do "little projects" around the house. Painting the walls, changing the furniture around (many, many times!) and re-arranging things.
I'm the kinda girl who would see a vanity re-do on HGTV, and attempt it myself. In a hurry, that is, before my sweet husband would get home to tell me
it's not a wise idea. I need the proper tools.
I'm the impulsive one. He's the more thoughtful, analytical one. It kinda works well that way.

It's all fun though, and keeps things interesting! LOL

Do you see what his special gift was to me? I thought it was so thoughtful that he chose pink!! He didn't have to do that! But it so makes it so much more glam and hip, don't you think?

My very own pink tool kit!!!
I wonder if he was just getting tired of me borrowing from his tool box? hee hee
NAHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Credits: All the cottage pics were from the internet at various locals throughout the world. The old door was found online (although I wish it were mine!) and the bathroom pic was from Pottery Barn.

3 comments:

  1. Now that IS a fabulous gift!!
    Bob can only imagine how cute you will look using all those pink tools to "fix" (I really mean redecorate) something in your charming home while he is at work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why... that is the prettiest tool kit I have ever seen! It's fabulous in all its pinkness!
    How very thoughtful and sweet of your hubby!
    Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful gift and it's pretty too. It will lift your spirit so learning to complete projects, enjoy!

    Your little house is so cute, it reminds me of ours here. Small but sweet & wouldn't trade it for the world. Happy night!

    ReplyDelete