From somebody's trash to my treasure. I like to re-style & re-create what was once a cast off. Isn't that what Jesus does with us?


Wednesday, March 28, 2012

birthday presents for me

I am thrilled!!!For so long I have been eying up these wonderful eat napkins at Lemonade Makin' Mama. I was debating if I should spend the money at all. I tried to make them myself. HA! I used regular stamping ink and some cool rubber letters I picked up on clearance and pulled out some canvas drop cloth. My grandma hemmed all eight pair for me and they looked pretty good. Until I washed them! The ink has really lightened and the couple I made without hemming have frayed terribly. The frayed ones went to the rag bag. So I kept going back to Lemonade Makin' Mama's website pining after these professionally done napkins. Hers are silk screened and are so crisp. Finally a few days ago I splurged (after all my birthday is just around the corner I told myslef!) and bought not one set, but TWO!! Afterall, I need eight for my farm table. They just came today and I couldn't wait another second....we used them tonight! L.O.V.E.L.Y.

So then just tonight I found this wonderful fashion blog, Pink Peonies. SOOOO CUTE! I have been looking for just the right pink rain boots for some months now. I wanted it to match my bright pink umbrella I bought not long ago at Target. I COULDN'T BELIEVE MY EYES!! Nordstrum has a half price sale on rain boots right now. IN FUSHIA!! You bet I ordered them. Lickety Split, baby!!! They are on there way even as I type! WOOHOOO! How's that for a little pre-birthday celebration? hee hee
I'll be sportin' the pink boots soon!


1 comment:

  1. Are they Hunter boots? They look like it in the photo. If so... we LOVE those boots. That's what my kids and I both wear. Of course, mine aren't pink, and I bought them years ago when you could hardly even find Hunters in the US (they are from the UK) so I had to buy them in a men's fit, but still... love em. You can also get cute little fleece socks that fit in them and fold over the top of the boot to make it warmer so you can wear them in the winter too!

    ReplyDelete