From somebody's trash to my treasure. I like to re-style & re-create what was once a cast off. Isn't that what Jesus does with us?


Saturday, March 26, 2011

Weekend Crafting

Happy Saturday!
My mom took the girls for a couple hours today and I set off for a little antique shop not far from my home. It had been years since I had visited last, and it was fun to check out all their goodies again!
I saw a great metal locker with a blue-green patina. F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S I just couldn't think of where I would put it, or I would have bought it! I also found a bottle holder, some white linen napkins and a Country Living decorating book. Wonderful treasures which I am incorporating into my home. I'll show you pictures in another post.
The linen napkins made me think of the dinner guests we are having tomorrow. I wanted to do something special with them, but didn't want to ruin them if it didn't turn out.
I took a length of canvas drop cloth and cut it about four inches wide and about five inches long. I used a black fabric paint pen and my stencil and "dabbed" the paint on.
The napkins need hemmed. I have to get my grandma's help with that. Other than that, I think they are cute. I can't wait to see what my friends say.

2 comments:

  1. AWWW i love your header, what a beautiful photo!!!
    I mostly shop at Target for all linens, Simply Shabby chic, The gray duvet is from Urban outfitters... The white duvet is from target, I do not believe they have in store anymore, but maybe online....its smock duvet. I wish i lived closer to one of Rachel Ashwell's store. But you can find on ebay too. Really all the linens mostly are from Target,that i purchase. Thank you for your lovely comment !!! Have a great Night !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these napkins....so cute!:) I want a set for my bday:) (hint hint)

    ReplyDelete