From somebody's trash to my treasure. I like to re-style & re-create what was once a cast off. Isn't that what Jesus does with us?


Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Favorite Nook

Hello Ladies!
I wanted to share with you my latest project. I have just been loving all these cute chalkboards I've been seeing around blogland. So I decided to make one myself. I picked up a really cute white frame at my recent trip to Luckets Store in Virginia. I JUST COULDN'T WAIT TO DO SOMETHING WITH IT! My beloved had some extra board laying around the basement and I snatched that up.
Then I bought a couple cans of Krylon Chalkboard spray paint. After 24 hours of dry time, some wood glue and nails, my chalkboard was done. I thought the twine added a nice touch as a hanger.
I hung the chalkboard in the kitchen right above my favorite chair. It's my favorite place to sit and sip and visit your lovely blogs.

Many mornings my girls will cozy up to me in my favorite nook and we'll read piles of books and enjoy the sun that streams through the kitchen window.

I'm wondering if you have a cozy little spot you like to read or write in? ENJOY!

4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous cozy spot!
    I love to curl up in front of our window in the family room and read magazines :)
    Thanks for stopping in!
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the chalk board! I also have a cozy spot in my bedroom that I journal, read and blog. PS, love the curls on your smiling adorable daughter. Looks like they were going to dance class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely cozy spot, Tammy! Your chalkboard turned out wonderful! I enjoy curling up on the sofa in my LR with a good magazine. :)
    Have a great day!
    xo,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cozy! Great chalkboard...love the twine to hang it, too!

    ReplyDelete