From somebody's trash to my treasure. I like to re-style & re-create what was once a cast off. Isn't that what Jesus does with us?


Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines Tablescape

We had a full day on February 14. We met 15 other kiddos and their homeschooling moms at our local amusement park, Hershey Park. We rode the ride in Hershey Chocolate World many times just to get the free hershey bar at the end of the ride. (smile)Talk about yummy chocolate! I found some really darling vintage valentines for my girls to hand out to their friends. Then I surprised my girls with a little party at home. My oldest was so impressed with the way I set their little table. It was so heartwarming to see how much she appreciated it!

I learned something new on Valentine's Day too! I have always been a little overwhelmed with the thought of trying to set a really, pretty table scape on my dining room table. Why? Because it is big, and the task seemed too large. However, when I set my girl's table-for-two I realized (aha moment!)that it could be done!

So that night for dinner I made some heart-shaped brownies, lasagna and garlic bread, and then set about taking the miniature version of the girl's table and doing it again on the dining room table. What fun! Now I know I can do it if I just start small : )



I hope your valentines day was special!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had the most delightful day...lots of chocolate and memories, too!
    It's all about baby steps...good job!
    Have a great week!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely day! I've been to hershey park once a long time ago! It was a fun place.

    ReplyDelete