From somebody's trash to my treasure. I like to re-style & re-create what was once a cast off. Isn't that what Jesus does with us?


Sunday, February 6, 2011

GIRLS DAY OUT!! PART I

OH WHAT FUN!! Have you been out with your GIRLFRIENDS lately? I mean, taken a trip, gone somewhere special, just layed your head back and whooped it up?? YOU NEED TO! Everyone needs that little break from the norm.
I was privileged recently to spend THE WHOLE DAY with my mom and sis in Leesburg, VA. No kids, no husbands, just a good, ole' fashioned girls day out. It was a rainy, two hour drive. We talked about songs my mom played for us when we were little from the 1950's. I'll tell you, it's a real hoot when you have three women belting out the lyrics to old songs at the top of their lungs. If we didn't remember the words, we made them up!! (I'm just glad nobody was taping us!!! SMILE)
We finally reached our destination. Luckett's General Store. Girls, I don't know if you have a place like Lucketts around you, but it is well worth the drive and the inches of mud we found ourselves stuck in!!(Another story all together. All I've got to say is, I am sure glad these big, burly men came from out of nowhere to rescue us or we would still be spinning our tires! LOL My car was COVERED in mud!)
We saw treasure upon treasure upon treasure! It was beyond FABULOUS!!

Pieces upholstered in burlap, burlap curtains and pillows galore!



I had a little list of some things I was hoping to find. I found those and plenty more!


I'll have to bring my husband's truck the next time!! LOL

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh, Lucky you!!! Haven't had a girls day in ages. Looks like the perfect place to visit. I love that bud vase!!

    ReplyDelete