From somebody's trash to my treasure. I like to re-style & re-create what was once a cast off. Isn't that what Jesus does with us?


Sunday, February 20, 2011

take time to smell the flowers

I have been enjoying table-scapes lately. Maybe because of my little discovery that I can come up with a cute little table-top design and actually execute it. I'm starting out small. My four and five year olds have an antique table that someone was getting rid of, and my mother bought it for them for a song.
What a blessing! My valentine's post was the first time I tried a table-scape. Prior to that, it seemed like a daunting task. NOT ANY MORE!
Now I am ready to experiment with new ideas.
Flowers make a great statement on any table. I especially love peonies and roses.
One thing I wish I had was a long farmer's table. We have a round one to accommodate our small eat-in kitchen.
What are you discovering? Are you taking time to smell the flowers?

photos courtesy of elizabeth anne design

1 comment:

  1. Hello. I am not the best at tablescapes but I do know that I love flowers and glass bottles and I love the little laterns above. Have fun on your new interest!!

    ReplyDelete