From somebody's trash to my treasure. I like to re-style & re-create what was once a cast off. Isn't that what Jesus does with us?


Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mud Sale

Am I the only one that has never heard of a mud sale?  
While having our car checked out a couple Saturdays ago, my husband and I met a

man who is an auctioneer. He was a lively old gent and full of stories about auctions he's called. He told us about the mud sale. It seems they are widely popular in the Lancaster county area and thousands of people attend what is a GIANT yard sale of sorts. There is everything there from the bathroom sink to potted plants and so much more. It's really a must see if you live in my area.
My husband was a dear and arranged for us to have babysitting last Saturday and we drove the 1 1/2 hour drive to Gratz. Although we didn't find what we were looking for (a farm table! Yes...still looking!) We had a wonderful time gawking at everyone's' stuff. Here's a few scenes (including those two trucks under the tree above) that we saw along the way.



One of the best things about this mud sale were the beautiful horses pulling the wagon for the ride into the sale.


Have a wonderful week!

Until Next Time,
Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment