From somebody's trash to my treasure. I like to re-style & re-create what was once a cast off. Isn't that what Jesus does with us?


Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Have I held you in suspense long enough?
I wish I could tell you I found an envelop of money in the drawers of Cecelia, but instead it was three BIG, Black Wolf spiders!!!!!!
The first one was found coming out of a drawer in my drive way as I hoisted Cecelia out of my jeep. (I was so thankful when I discovered the spider outside of my car and not IN my car especially as I was driving!!!!)
The second one also snuck out of one of the drawers while I was cleaning her off. But the third one ran across the floor in my sun room as I finally dislodged the two bottom drawers that were jammed shut.
The Wolf spiders move lightening fast! I was both surprised and horrified! Thankfully with help from my youngest we caught and ousted the last one.
I've been moving Cecelia all around the house for the best fit. First I had her in the sun room and then to my kitchen to add some color there. I used C.C. Caldwell's Chalk Paint on her to give her some nice shabby appeal. Do you like?
But now she is back in the sun room at the far end of my farm table. I like her there. Although lately I couldn't help but think of her as my dresser in my bedroom. Maybe another day (sigh).
I'm dying to show you these DARLING little suitcases I painted. I got them at the Luckett's Fair and used C.C. Caldwell's Chalk paint in Vintage White. I have a few more touches to add and I'll be sharing them here!
Take Care my friends!
Tammy




No comments:

Post a Comment