From somebody's trash to my treasure. I like to re-style & re-create what was once a cast off. Isn't that what Jesus does with us?


Monday, June 30, 2014

CECELIA

Warm and rainy greetings, dear friends!

I promised you a story on Cecelia! And a story you shall get!
Her story (yes, I'm referring to a piece of furniture! HA) begins one sunny morning when my mom called me up to take the girls for a couple hours. So I was left with the abrupt question of, "Now what do I do?" Have you Mothers ever been in that situation? So much of our lives are wrapped around our children. I love it immensely, but every once in awhile a break is WONDERFUL!
So I grabbed my bike and off I pedaled for a four mile trek. Along a stream, through some woods, all the while gazing at houses that had to cost anywhere from $500,000 and more. I love looking at pretty things and so it was all together peaceful and exhilarating. 
That's when I spotted her!
The For Sale Sign on the house said $780,000. That included a marble spiral stair and open floor plan with all the amenities. But I was looking beyond that...... to Cecelia.
In all her brown, matte finish, pushed disrespectfully among some weeds along the roadside she stood out gleaming to me. AND SHE WAS FREE!
"Lord, if you will please keep her here until I can pedal home, I will be back for her." Doesn't God delight in the desires of our heart? HE PUT THEM THERE!!
Without any thought to picking her up and getting her into my jeep, I pedaled hard and fast.
There she was waiting for me as patiently as when we first met. Did I really expect any less from God?

But what I didn't expect is what I found
inside her.
More on that in a few days!
LOVE,
Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment