From somebody's trash to my treasure. I like to re-style & re-create what was once a cast off. Isn't that what Jesus does with us?


Saturday, June 1, 2013

Welcome to Spa Night

Woohoo! Who doesn't like a little relaxin'?   
 We are avid home schoolers here! Part of our mission in life is to encourage and bless others who also have been called to this wonderful alternative to public or private schooling. I recently led a Spa Party for home schooling moms. It was fabulous!!
We had four stations set up for the ladies to enjoy A Mani/Pedi Station. A craft station to make their own body scrub. My favorite was the lavender. Another favorite was mojito made with a little lime juice and eucalyptus oil. Who knew it could be so easy!!!
 We had a facial station where the ladies tried a home made mask made of greek yogurt and egg yolks.
 We also had a wonderful foot soaking station with beautiful flowers floating in the scented foot tubs. It was a serene and beautiful night. Prizes were given out every hour and there was lots of gourmet food to enjoy. My favorite was the chocolate bomb cake. It was the bomb, let me tell ya!!!!
 I so wish I had a picture of this chandelier that was made. MADE out of cardboard no less!!! It was huge and fit our foyer just perfect. The cardboard curves were covered with silver glitter and blue baubles hung from each arm.

T




This sign gave me a great deal of anxiety. It started out light blue and then when the paint dried I noticed I did not paint some of the sides. So I used some blue-ish green to patch it up and then realized in horror that the colors were not the same. Several coats later (adding white to match the colors)  it was fixed. I was so thankful. I was down to only 12 hours before the Spa night and I just had to have a sign. WHEW!!!


I hope you have a relaxing weekend! I am heading once again to The Tomato Pie Cafe next week with some friends and I'll let you know what yummies we have.
Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment