From somebody's trash to my treasure. I like to re-style & re-create what was once a cast off. Isn't that what Jesus does with us?


Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Peonies and Blueberry Bars

Hey There --
Just lovin' the sweet scent of my beautiful peonies this time of year. I decided to cut some and enjoy them indoors. Usually I don't like to cut them. But you know what? It's such a shame that they just can't keep their big heads standing up. They drag along the ground and get so droopy. Nobody really enjoys them then. So this year it's different.
I have two ball jars full and may bring another bouquet in later this week. I'll watch to see how many are drooping first. Friends of ours have pink and white peonies. I'm hoping we can make a little trade sometime soon. I'm so thankful these flowers are so hardy and are very hard to destroy.  I want to cut the bulbs in the Fall and transplant some of mine to the side of my house.
Girls -- I've got a great recipe to share!! It is truly scrumptious!! It's called Blueberry Oatmeal Bars. We call them Blueberry crumble. They are so delicious and so easy to make!
We've been enjoying hand-picked blueberries all winter long. Now I'm scurrying to use up the remainder so I can pick some fresh ones soon. So it was quite by coincidence that I happened upon this recipe, not really knowing for sure how well they would turn out. They remind me of mini blueberry pies. I might try to make some in pint mason jars next time. Wouldn't that be cute?
Our local berry pickin' place is open for strawberry season next week. I can't wait to go out and turn those into something yummy too!! 
Hope you are enjoying what the season has to offer! 
Tammy 

No comments:

Post a Comment