From somebody's trash to my treasure. I like to re-style & re-create what was once a cast off. Isn't that what Jesus does with us?


Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Palette Love


I've been inspired lately to build my own day bed from a palette. There are so many pictures online about all the amazing things you can do with skids -- that carry anything from groceries to tires -- that I decided to give it a try.
I have a fun-loving, crazy sister!
She was gung-ho to try this with me. Late one evening after the kids were tucked into bed, my sis and I headed out in my husband's F150 scouting for palettes to raid. We finally found two that were perfect for our daybeds.
I'm sure we looked like a sight from the highway that ran along the back of the store. We lifted and pulled and pushed and finally got an 8' and 4' palette onto the bed of the truck. We were on our way, so pleased with our finds and how creative we were going to be.
After purchasing eight casters, screws, ticking fabric and some pillows, my dumpster - slated palette was turned into a wonderful daybed for my sun room.

Now, this is what I see each morning when I look out to my sun room. I'm so pleased!

Now it's time to relax! Ahhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment