From somebody's trash to my treasure. I like to re-style & re-create what was once a cast off. Isn't that what Jesus does with us?


Saturday, February 11, 2012

Vintage Crafting

Hello dear friends ....
I've been inspired lately to do a little crafting of my own. Have you been to Stampington & Company before? http://www.stampington.com It's a wonderful crafting website with lots of ideas and crafting supplies. If you go to The Studio at the bottom of their page, it will bring up dozens of ideas for you to try at home. That's how I got started. I have a whole list of things I want to explore and try.

Isn't their inspiration board charming? I love the text and burlap and all the little bingo and flower details they added. This inspired me to come up with my own version. I started out with a piece of burlap that I cut to size to fit an old kitchen cupboard door we had. (saving for a project just like this!!) Then I applied a modest coat of Hodge Podge to the whole piece and stuck it down good. Then I started ripping and tearing out of my old books. (It's a great stress reliever if you're looking for one! HA!)
Then I slathered more Hodge Podge on my tattered book pages and pressed them onto the burlap. Simple. Simple. I just love how my vintage jewelry looked when I hung it from little tacks on the board. I may keep it this way for awhile and then embellish it a little more later.
Then I took this cute little white frame I picked up at Luckett's Store, and put some burlap behind it, .and......WAHLAH... another cute "frame" for my jewelry to hang from.
Happy Weekend!
Tammy


No comments:

Post a Comment