From somebody's trash to my treasure. I like to re-style & re-create what was once a cast off. Isn't that what Jesus does with us?


Friday, September 30, 2011

October Weekend -- THANKS MOM

Gonna stay indoors this weekend! It's to be cool and rainy. My husband and I have a sweet date lined up thanks to my precious mom. Hooray for MiMi! We are headed to see the new Courageous film. Have you heard about it? It's from the same film makers as Fireproof. Loved that movie for it's Gospel content! Even though this is sure to be a "man's movie" I am looking forward to the alone time with him.
Afterwards I'm picking out a cozy, out-of-the-way place for us to have a light lunch. The cozier the better! Know what I mean?
I also made some YUMMY chicken noodle soup today!! Another thanks to my precious mom who came just at the right time. I was balancing my niece and trying to answer endless questions from my two inquisitive daughters, while trying to pick a hot chicken and cut celery. (sorry I don't have a picture of that chaos HAHA)
My mom comes in and sweeps up my niece for her meal time, and I got my youngest busy chopping celery.
  I know I have a wonderful mom!!
As I think about how wonderful my date will be with my man tomorrow, I am remembering the yummy grey sweater my mom bought for me over the summer. I really didn't know this was going to be a tribute to my mom -- post, but again, a gift from her. I will wear it tomorrow and be all cozy in my jeans. Isn't that what Autumn is all about, anyway? Being cozy?

Have a cozy weekend yourself!
Tammy

1 comment:

  1. SO, how was the movie?! Haven't seen it yet...hope your date was lovely!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete