From somebody's trash to my treasure. I like to re-style & re-create what was once a cast off. Isn't that what Jesus does with us?


Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Contentment

You know how the Lord just gives you something neat? Something special in His word and it just gets you right in the heart. Makes you think. And think. Well, I was reading Psalm 17  this week and I got to the last line. It says, "I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness."  I just love the contentment David had at this time. He was surrounded by his enemies everywhere. Yet he rested in the Lord. I like the punctuation here too. The commas make me pause and consider each statement before it. "I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness." Wow! Just to be content with waking up with His likeness is so awesome. I want that. Don't you? Anything else can happen in my day, yet I will be satisfied if only I have His likeness. I really hope and pray this is something I never get over. Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment