From somebody's trash to my treasure. I like to re-style & re-create what was once a cast off. Isn't that what Jesus does with us?


Friday, November 26, 2010

IT STARTED WITH A SIMPLE INVITATION ....

I was sitting in church several months ago listening to the Pastor preach. He challenged us to consider what passion we had inside us that could be used for God. As if talking back to him in conversation, I said to myself, "I love decorating, but how can that be used for God?" The reply was so clear in my head that it surprised me. Use it as a ministry to help displaced women and children. I was thrilled and shocked and elated! I was excited!! I love decorating! No. I LOVE DECORATING!!!
I have a dear friend, Julie, who shares this same passion with me. I couldn't wait to tell her. I decided I would make a phone call to New Life For Girls, a local women's ministry in my area. Here's a paraphrase of the conversation that ensued: "Hi Bernadette...the Lord has placed a burden in my heart for decorating and I was wondering if I could help in any way to bless the ladies that live at New Life." Her answer was so precious and wonderful to my ears! "We are in the building phase of our third floor. We want you to come and decorate the eight rooms in there" WOOOHOOO!!! Of course I had to call Julie right away!

No comments:

Post a Comment