From somebody's trash to my treasure. I like to re-style & re-create what was once a cast off. Isn't that what Jesus does with us?


Thursday, December 9, 2010

A few of my favorite things

I am a shabby chic girl through and through. I love architectural salvage yards, yard sales, flea markets, my girlfriend's garage...you name it. If it's chippy, vintage, white and shabby it has a place in my home. Well, a girl can wish, anyway! There's so many fabulous things out there. At this point in my life, with two small children to think about, I have to prioritize what I spend my money on. My budget for all -things shabby is pretty shabby too, if you know what I mean. Still, it's wonderful to window shop. That's what I love about so many sites on the web and the magazines I "read." It's so much fun to see what others are doing and enjoy what they have found. I'm sharing a few things that I've found along the way. One is an old window that someone (gasp!) put out for trash on a very well-appointed street near my more humbler neighborhood. I enjoy hanging my wedding cards and Christmas cards on it, depending upon the season. I also found this FABULOUS, chippy, aquamarine shutter that someone had disregarded in the basement of an old apartment building. I only wish I would have found two. It really is my very favorite piece. I went out today looking for a white wreath to hang on it for the holidays and came home empty handed. I just wasn't sure a green one would have the look I was going for. Anyway....thought I would share some of my treasures with you. Hoping you are enjoying the "hunt" as much as I am.  On a side note, tune in over the next few days for a recipe my daughter and I made yesterday. It's where salt meets chocolate. What a perfect combination.  Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment